Company Search: Consumer
The BlueGreen Alliance Foundation’s Building Clean database focuses on companies in the United States that produce safe, energy efficient building materials. Using this database, you can learn more about the products you use, find products that are made domestically and support jobs in your community. The Building Clean website also provides resources on locating building products that do not contain hazardous chemicals.
Energy efficient products are important because not only do they help protect the environment and save you money, they also can be a huge boost to your local economy. Most of the companies in the building products database manufacture in the United States. These companies create thousands of good jobs across the country.
The database covers manufacturers of energy efficient products in the following sectors: appliances, insulation, sealants, roofing, lighting, plumbing, and HVAC. It also lists companies that produce water filtration systems.
Click here for a list of foreign-made products that are in U.S. stores, but are privately labeled and the brand’s manufacturer is unknown.
What our database can help you do:
- Locate products that have health certifications. The database contains information on certifications for safe and environmentally friendly building products. Use the certification filter if you want to locate products that have a specific designation. To learn more about product safety certifications, visit the Harmful Chemicals section.
- Cross reference brands with companies, and learn where the brands you use are manufactured. Using the generic search box, you can search for company or brand names and find out more information on the products they manufacture.
- Learn about manufacturers in your community and support local companies. You can visit the interactive map or the state index to locate companies in your area.
- Energy Star information about energy efficiency products and certifications
- Watersense information and certification for water efficient plumbing products
- Residential Energy Services Network Find a certified energy efficiency auditor and qualified contractors
- Building Performance Institute, Inc. Locate a BPI certified contractor
- ACEEE Learn about your state and local energy efficiency policies and incentives, emerging energy efficiency technologies
- DSIRE Database of state and federal energy efficiency rebates
- International Passive Housing Association brochure Learn more about passive housing and energy efficiency
- Energy.Gov Energy Saver DIY and buyers guides for energy efficiency
- J.D. Power Appliance satisfaction survey